Founded in 1969, Here’s Help has become one of Miami-Dade County’s premiere providers of residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment, annually serving 500 adolescents and young adults starting at the age of 13. Funded by local, state and federal contracts, Here’s Help has excelled as a substance abuse treatment provider and is lauded by the Departments of Corrections, Department of Juvenile Justice, Department of Children and Families (DCF), and Probation and Parole for its treatment, educational and preventive services.
Substance Abuse Counseling & Rehabilitation Services
Residential Program – Services provided through the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program include but are not limited to individual, group, and family therapy, psychological services, educational and vocational instruction, as well as, other ancillary services.
Outpatient Program – Services provided through the Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Program include but are not limited to group counseling, group activities, and drug information which help enhance self-worth and promote the developmental skills for coping with stress, solving problems, defining personal values, decision-making, and a clear understanding of how drugs affect their body and mind.
In-home/On-site Program – Services provided through the In-home/On-site Substance Abuse Treatment Program include but are not limited to skill building, parent and adolescent relationship building, therapeutic interaction, and crisis intervention. The program builds on family assets, working from points of strength rather than weaknesses. Services provided through in-home/on-site therapy include comprehensive assessment, service and treatment planning, case management, individual and family therapy, and urinalysis monitoring.
Alternative Therapy Program – Services provided through the Alternative Therapy Substance Abuse Treatment Program include but are not limited to horticulture and culinary arts, instruction and job preparation, computer literacy instruction, GED preparation courses, music literacy education, art therapy, photography and driver’s education. The programming offers students the opportunity to build job readiness capacity and social and leisure time use skills and also provides them exposure to new career options.
Drug Testing Program – Services provided through the Drug Testing Substance Abuse Treatment Program include but are not limited to observed (urine) Drug Testing at both the north campus & the south campus. We take Medicaid or apply a sliding scale fee that has been determined by the State and based on family income and size. WE ALSO OFFER WALK-IN DRUG TESTING TO NON-CLIENTS, AS WELL AS ON-SITE TEST KITS FOR USE IN THE HOME.
Substance Abuse Counseling & Rehabilitation Criteria
Standard Outpatient Program
- Based on a point system and takes a minimum of 16 weeks to complete.
- Group sessions are 2 times per week (please contact the numbers above for site schedule)
- Individual counseling every other week, plus random drug testing based on the consumers behavior and use.
- Points are acquired through progress as evidenced by attendance to all sessions, negative drug screens, participation, effort and completion of individualized treatment plan goals.
Individual Counseling at Our Facilities
- Ideal for consumers who may not do well in a group setting, their use has been minimal or experimental and doesn’t merit the full program, or the client does not use drugs but has charges that may mandate treatment
- Length of treatment is determined by need
In Home Individual Counseling
- Service is only available to our North Dade consumers who have Medicaid
- Consumers who are currently using/misusing drugs
- Charges that mandate drug treatment
- If dual diagnosed, consumer must be stable, and on prescribed medication. If un-medicated, consumer must be successfully “self managed” and stable, which will be determined at intake.
- Consumer must be willing and able to abide by all program rules while enrolled.
We take Medicaid or apply a sliding scale fee that has been determined by the State and based on family income and size. WE ALSO OFFER WALK-IN DRUG TESTING TO NON-CLIENTS, AS WELL AS ON-SITE TEST KITS FOR USE IN THE HOME